share this page

Work in Ireland

Casual Employment

If you are a non-EU student, you are entitled to work up to 20 hours part-time per week and full-time during the holidays. You do not require a work permit if you are a full time student. This entitlement to employment ceases once your student visa runs out. If you wish to continue in employment after finishing your study you will require a work permit. If you are an EU national you have the same entitlement to employment as that of an Irish person.


You will require a PPS Number to work in Ireland, this is for tax reasons. You can apply for your PPS Number at the local Social Welfare Office in Cork.

You will need the following documentation:

Non-EU Students:

  • GNIB Card
  • Passport
  • CIT Student Card
  • Proof of Address
  • Letter from CIT confirming that you are a student here


EU Students:

  • Passport
  • Proof of Address
© 2012 CIT | web development by Granite Digital